This week on New Mexico in Focus, panelists take a look at recent job losses statewide and discuss what policies can turn it around. Additionally, NMIF pays a visit to the Santa Fe International Folk Art Market to analyze its impact on the global economy, as it is expected to bring in $2 million in sales this year.
New Mexico PBS' one hour public affairs show New Mexico in Focus airs Fridays at 7 p.m. and Sundays at 7 a.m. on Channel 5.1. The show can also be seen on New Mexico PBS Channel 9.1 on Saturdays at 5 p.m.
Also this week, the Line keeps up with the recent debate over open government and transparency laws and talks with conservative commentator Jonah Goldberg about the stormy political climate.
• Jonah Goldberg, editor, National Review Online
• Charlene Cerny, founder, Santa Fe International Folk Art Market
• Julia Mutale, Hipego Ltd., Zambia
• Richard Romero, former NM Senate President Pro Tempore
• Jamie Estrada, former U.S. Commerce Department official
• Dan Foley, former New Mexico House Republican Whip
• Sophie Martin, editor-in-chief, New Mexico Law Review
• Matt Grubs, producer
• Gene Grant, Weekly Alibi columnist
Get updates, watch and follow New Mexico PBS on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube & more.
New Mexico in Focus is produced by Matt Grubs and Kathy Wimmer.
Funding has been provided in part by the McCune Foundation.
Media Contact: Evy Todd, (505) 277-1218; email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
New Mexico in Focus Talks State Economy and Government Transparency
July 12, 2012