This week on New Mexico in Focus, artist Judy Chicago stops by to talk about her nonprofit feminist organization "Through the Flower." This is part of a national PBS special "Makers: Women Who Make America," a film that documents how women have transformed the country over the last half-century.
New Mexico in Focus airs Friday, March 1 at 7 p.m. on Channel 5.1. and Saturday, March 2 at 5 p.m. on Channel 9.1. There are no repeats this week.
In addition, panelists take a closer look at government reform and the legislature, including the examination of a pair of legislative measures that recently met their end, what is next for the Public Regulation Commission and the brewing debate over calls for more spending in early childhood education.
• Judy Chicago, artist, author, feminist, educator and creator of "The Dinner Party"
• Allen Sanchez, president/CEO, St. Joseph Community Health
• Steven Neville (R), state senator, Aztec
• Javier Benavidez, Center for Civic Policy
• Margaret Wright, New Mexico Compass
• Jamie Estrada, former U.S. Commerce Department official
• Sophie Martin, editor-in-chief, New Mexico Law Review
• Matt Grubs, NMiF producer
• Sarah Gustavus, executive producer, Koahnic Broadcast Corporation
• Gene Grant
Get updates, watch and follow New Mexico PBS on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube & more.
New Mexico in Focus is produced by Matt Grubs and Kathy Wimmer. Funding has been provided in part by the McCune Foundation.
Media Contact: Evy Todd (505) 277-1218, email: firstname.lastname@example.org