This week on New Mexico in Focus, former Albuquerque mayor and current Democratic congressional candidate Martin Chavez sits down to talk about his run for Congress, the money being raised in the race, and the national attention being paid to a hotly-contested seat. KNME's one hour public affairs show New Mexico in Focus airs Fridays at 7 p.m. and Sundays at 6:30 a.m. on Channel 5.1. The show can also be seen on KNME's Digital Channel 9.1 on Saturdays at 5 p.m.
Also this week...
• NMIF's American Graduate series continues, highlighting the efforts of the Citizen Schools program in New Mexico. Executive Director Sue Goodwin joins the program to talk about preventing dropouts before they happen.
• University of New Mexico political science professor Gabriel Sanchez joins The Line to talk about recent reports calling into question the practices of some state lawmakers collecting paychecks from their day jobs while serving at the Roundhouse.
• It's been a rough week for Republican presidential candidate Herman Cain. The Line talks about his controversial past and perhaps more controversial response.
Then, The Line goes "On The Clock" to discuss the news of the week from across New Mexico.
• Martin Chavez, Democratic Congressional candidate
• Sue Goodwin, executive director, Citizen Schools
The Line Guest Panelist
• Gabriel Sanchez, UNM Political Science professor
The Line Panelists
• Dan Foley, former NM House Republican Whip
• Sophie Martin, social media consultant
• Laura Sanchez, Environmental Attorney
• Gwyneth Doland
• Matt Grubs
The Producers of New Mexico in Focus are Matt Grubs and Kathy Wimmer.
Funding for this program was provided in part by the McCune Foundation. Closed Captioning of New Mexico in Focus was made possible by a gift from Mrs. Elspeth G. Bobbs.
Get Updates, Watch, and Follow KNME on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube & more.
New Mexico in Focus Talks with Former Albuquerque Mayor Martin Chavez
November 03, 2011