The Land of Enchantment is now home to the highest priority wildfire in the nation. This week, New Mexico in Focus has a candid conversation with U.S. Sen. Tom Udall about the fire-fighting efforts, the risk of a nuclear disaster and future of the nuclear mission at the Los Alamos National Labs.
KNME's one hour public affairs show New Mexico in Focus airs Fridays at 7 p.m. and Sundays at 6:30 a.m. on KNME, Channel 5.1. The show can also be seen on KNME's Digital Channel 9.1 on Saturdays at 5 p.m.
Also this week, a recent U.S. Supreme Court decision will have an impact on New Mexico's public campaign financing laws. NMIF Correspondent Gwyneth Doland finds out what those changes will be, and how it will impact local elections.
• Tom Udall, (D) Senator|
• Sarah Gustavus, KUNM radio host, "All Things Considered"
• Maggie Toulouse Oliver, Bernalillo county clerk
Line Guest Panelists:
• Dennis Domrzalski, New Mexico Business Weekly, staff writer
• Dan Foley, former Minority Whip, New Mexico House of Representatives
• Sophie Martin, former managing editor, DukeCityFix.com
• Laura Sanchez, environmental lawyer, Natural Resources Defense Council
New Mexico in Focus Correspondents:
• Gwyneth Doland, former editor, NewMexicoIndependent.com
• Kevin McDonald, KNME Public Affairs producer
• Gene Grant, Weekly Alibi columnist
Watch again online at New Mexico in Focus. Additionally, get updates, watch and follow KNME on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube & more.
New Mexico in Focus is produced by Kevin McDonald and Kathy Wimmer and closed captioning has been made possible by a gift from Mrs. Elspeth G. Bobbs.
Media Contact: Evy Todd, (505) 277-1218; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
New Mexico in Focus Talks with Sen. Tom Udall
June 30, 2011