This week New Mexico in Focus features Ladonna Harris, American Indian Activist & Founder of Americans for Indian Opportunity. This is part of a national PBS special "Makers: Women Who Make America," a film that documents how women have transformed the country over the last half-century.
New Mexico in Focus airs Friday, March 8 at 7 p.m. on Channel 5.1 and Saturday, March 9 at 5 p.m. on Channel 9.1. There are no repeats this week.
Additionally, time is winding down in Santa Fe as lawmakers have a little more than a week to finish work in the 2013 legislative session. High-profile pieces of legislation such as driver's license laws and social promotion bills have fallen by the wayside, but The Line opinion panel looks at a bipartisan effort to reform New Mexico's campaign finance laws in a post-Citizens United era. The panelists also discuss the plan to beautify the Bosque and the reasons of booting The Plan items from the bond issue. What is more, the American Graduate series returns with a visit to the Big Brothers Big Sisters program.
• Sen. Stuart Ingle, R-Portales, Senate Minority Leader
• Sen. Michael Sanchez, D-Belen, Senate Majority Leader
• Sen. John Arthur Smith, D-Deming
• Sen. Peter Wirth, D-Santa Fe
• Lonna Atkeson, UNM Political Science Professor
• Dede Feldman, Former State Senator
• Dan Foley, Former House Republican Whip
• Tom Garrity, The Garrity Group
• Matt Grubs, NMiF Producer
• Sarah Gustavus, Executive Producer, Koahnic Broadcast Corporation
• Gene Grant
Get updates, watch and follow New Mexico PBS on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube & more.
New Mexico in Focus is produced by Matt Grubs and Kathy Wimmer. Funding has been provided in part by the McCune Foundation.
Media Contact: Evy Todd (505) 277-1218, email: email@example.com
New Mexico in Focus to Feature American Indian Activist Ladonna Harris
March 07, 2013