As is customary, New Mexico in Focus takes the last episode of the year to look back at the top public policy and political news stories. An all-journalist panel will determine which stories made the list and what made them so important.
New Mexico PBS' one hour public affairs show New Mexico in Focus airs Fridays at 7 p.m. and Sundays at 7 a.m. on Channel 5.1. The show can also be seen on New Mexico PBS Channel 9.1 on Saturdays at 5 p.m.
Following up on the town hall on opiate addiction, Public Square's Megan Kamerick talks to Albuquerque Mayor Richard Berry and advocate Jennifer Weiss of the Heroin Awareness Committee about what solutions are being developed.
• Richard Berry, mayor of Albuquerque
• Jennifer Weiss, president, Heroin Awareness Committee
• Megan Kamerick, host, Public Square
• Jim Monteleone, political reporter, Albuquerque Journal
• Alexa Schirtzinger, editor, Santa Fe reporter
• Steve Terrell, political reporter, Santa Fe New Mexican
• Megan Kamerick
• Gene Grant
Get updates, watch and follow http://www.facebook.com/NewMexicoPBS, Twitter, YouTube & more.
New Mexico in Focus is produced by Matt Grubs and Kathy Wimmer. Funding has been provided in part by the McCune Foundation.
Media Contact: Evy Todd, (505) 277-1218; email: firstname.lastname@example.org
New Mexico in Focus' Top Stories of 2012
December 20, 2012