This week on New Mexico In Focus, a look back at the past year, after the city of Albuquerque signed an agreement with the Department of Justice that requires reforms in the Albuquerque Police Department.
New Mexico PBS’ one-hour public affairs show New Mexico in Focus regularly airs Fridays at 7 p.m. and repeats Sundays at 7 a.m. on Channel 5.1, and Saturdays at 5 p.m. and Sundays at 3 p.m. on Channel 9.1, except during Pledge Drives.
NMiF producer Sarah Gustavus also sits down with Paula Apsell and Kirk Johnson to talk about the new three-part series, NOVA: Making North America. They discuss the research that went into the series, filming and the value of science programming.
- Paula Apsell, senior executive producer of NOVA
- Dr. Kirk Johnson, director of the Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History and host of NOVA: Making North America
- Joanne Fine, Police Oversight Board Member
- Peter Simonson, ACLU of New Mexico
- Leonard Waites, Chair of the Police Oversight Board
- Shaun Willoughby, Albuquerque Police Association
- Russell Contreras, AP reporter
- Marisa Demarco, public health reporter at KUNM
- Dan Foley, former NM House Minority Whip
- Sophie Martin, attorney and editor of DukeCityFix.com
- Gwyneth Doland
- Sarah Gustavus
- Gene Grant
The producer of New Mexico in Focus is Sarah Gustavus, along with Kathy Wimmer, associate producer. Funding for this program was provided in part by the McCune Foundation Communications Fund and Santa Fe Community Foundation.
Also, sign up for the New Mexico in Focus weekly newsletter.