This week, New Mexico in Focus talks with candidates from two districts in the upcoming Albuquerque city council election. The candidates discuss public safety, transportation, economic development and other issues that are important right now in the state's largest city.
New Mexico PBS’ one-hour public affairs show New Mexico in Focus regularly airs Fridays at 7 p.m. and repeats Sundays at 7 a.m. on Channel 5.1, and Saturdays at 5 p.m. and Sundays at 3 p.m. on Channel 9.1, except during Pledge Drives.
Host Gene Grant and this week's Line opinion panelists also react to those issues, and talk about what they think residents want to see right now from the city council. They also debate state and local policies on marijuana legalization.
* Pat Davis, District 6 candidate
* Samuel Kerwin, District 6 candidate
* Hess Yntema, District 6 candidate
* Israel Chavez, District 4 candidate
* Dede Feldman, former New Mexico state senator
* Tom Garrity, the Garrity Group PR
* Gabe Sanchez, professor, UNM Political Science Department
* Gwyneth Doland
* Gene Grant
The producer of New Mexico in Focus is Sarah Gustavus along with Kathy Wimmer, associate producer. Funding for this program was provided in part by the McCune Foundation Communications Fund and Santa Fe Community Foundation.