The University of New Mexico's Chapter of Sigma Xi, the Scientific Research Society, joins the New Mexico Chapter of the Fulbright Association and the League of Women Voters to present "Perspectives on Climate Change," Sunday, Oct. 16 at 3 p.m. at the Jewish Community Center, 5520 Wyoming NE.
• Introduction, "Current views in Congress on the threats of global warming" - Sen. Jeff Bingaman (by video)
• "The scientific evidence that growing carbon dioxide levels and global warming are largely of human origin" – Professor David Gutzler, University of New Mexico
• "Predicted climate changes caused by global warming and their likely consequences" - Mark Boslough, Sandia National Laboratory
• "Obstacles standing in the way of addressing global warming - a business community perspective" - Jeff Sterba, CEO (retired) PNM
• John Fleck, moderator, science writer - Albuquerque Journal
The seminar is free and open to the public.
Panel to Discuss "Perspectives on Climate Change" Oct. 16
October 10, 2011