The UNM Parent Association continues its yearly scholarship program and is currently looking for applications for the 2014-2015 academic year. The scholarships are available to both undergraduates and graduates, and will be awarded based upon academic merit and financial need.
Application forms are available at Parent Association Scholarships. Only complete application packages received by Oct. 31, 2014 will be considered.
Scholarship Eligibility Requirements
- Minimum of a UNM 2.75 cumulative grade point average.
- Undergraduates: Must be enrolled full time 15 credit hours or more, a sophomore, junior or senior during award year with at least two full time semesters remaining until graduation.
- Graduates: Must be enrolled full time, 9 credit hours or more or 6 hours in conjunction with an assistantship, Master’s or Doctoral student with at least two full time semesters remaining until graduation. Continuing graduate students and new graduate students who are continuing on from their UNM undergraduate degree the previous semester are eligible.
- List Community and/or extracurricular involvement.
- Awards and/or Recognition.
- New undergraduate or graduate transfer students for the 2013-2014 academic year are not eligible.
Required Documents for Scholarship Packet
- Completed application form
- A brief statement describing the reasons you are applying for this scholarship. In 250 words
- Recommendation letter from one of your UNM professors
- Unofficial UNM transcript
- UNM Financial Aid Award Package for the 2014-2015 academic year
There are two options available for complete application submission:
1.) Completed applications may be dropped off at the Student Support & Services Center, 1155 University Blvd. SE, during regular business hours, Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
2.) Completed applications may be mailed to the Parent Association Office address: Parent Association Scholarship Committee, 1 University of New Mexico, MSC11 6330, Albuquerque, NM, 87131
Incomplete packets will be disqualified and not considered for an award. Applications that are mailed must be received by Friday, Oct. 31. Faxed and/or electronic application will not be accepted.
The Parent Association mission is to promote student success and academic excellence; engage parents in the University’s mission and goals; empower parents to play a supportive role in student education; and provide a forum for networking.
For a list of all other scholarships available to UNM students, visit UNM scholarships.