The Grant Training Center will host a Professional Grant Development Workshop June 13-15, from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at the University of New Mexico. The workshop is designed to help individuals master the techniques of writing superior and winning grant proposals.
This intensive three-day grant proposal workshop is geared for those who wish to strengthen their grant writing skills, and beginners who wish to acquire and master the techniques of preparing, writing and winning proposals from various funding agencies. The center of attention will be on how to effectively write proposals in times of keen competition and limited resources. Much has happened in new regulations and in approaches to grant writing, be it for the researcher in the sciences and social sciences, education and non-profit professionals.
Participants Will Learn How to:
1. Navigate the world of grant procurement
2. Research and identify potential funding sources
3. Address the guidelines of federal and foundation applications
4. Focus foundation and corporate giving for the State of New Mexico
5. Understand the new federal guidelines for writing winning grants
6. Know the review process and how to address key points for reviewers
7. Write winning grants that stand out against scores of competing submissions
8. Develop focused and realistic budgets
9. Demonstrate that one's proposal merits excellence and innovation
10. Package professional grant submissions
The goal is for each participant to walk away with a product specific to their interests that includes the grant design, abstract and budget.
The workshop fee is $595, which includes tuition, materials, certificate of completion and continental breakfast. Space is limited. Registration is on a first-come, first-serve basis.
A rebate of $50 per person is given for two or more registrants from the same organization.
To register visit, Grant Training Center registration. Or call toll free at (866)-704-7268 or (571) 257-8864.
For those who can't attend the June workshop, a webinar will held Friday, May 13 from 2 - 4 p.m. EST for our "Fundamentals of Proposal Writing." To register click visit, Grant Training Center and click on the webinar from the workshop list.
- Inside UNM