The University of New Mexico Provost’s Committee for Staff is offering three $350 scholarships to UNM staff who participate in the Tuition Remission Program for the spring 2014 semester. The money will help cover the cost of academic books, course fees and supplies.
Eligibility requirements are as follows:
• Course(s) must be used toward degree, certificate completion or professional development, or personal enrichment (Note: Please do not send your transcript to us.)
• Employee must be past UNM Employment Probationary Status
• Must be at least a .50 FTE UNM employee
• Must have a "Meet expectations" or better on most recent Performance Review (Note: Please do not send a copy of your review to us.)
• Must have submitted an application form
• Preference will be given to those who have not been awarded the scholarship in prior semesters.
To apply for the scholarship, visit Provost's Committee for Staff and complete the form. Only complete forms will be accepted. Your personal statement should not exceed one page, but should explain in detail why you are applying. Remember, your personal statement will be the primary determining factor of who will receive the scholarship.
The deadline to apply is Thursday, Dec. 19. Scholarship recipients will be notified during the week of January 13. For more information please contact Dorene DiNaro at (505) 277-5299.