The Read to Me! ABQ Network is initiating a citywide effort to collect thousands of new and gently used children’s books for local families, hospitals and early childhood education centers. This effort features 11 different UNM drop-off locations.
Through this effort, the book drive aims to collect and distribute 25,000 books for newborn through middle school kids. Bilingual books are particularly helpful.
The following are UNM Drop off locations:
- Biology Department, CERIA Lobby
- Children’s Campus, 1210 University Blvd, Lobby
- Dean of Students Office, University Advisement & Enrichment Center (UAEC), Room 281
- Division of Student Affairs, Scholes Hall Room 229
- Facilitates Management, Building 204, Room 119
- Health Sciences Project Echo, 1650 University Blvd., Lobby
- HR Employee & Organizational Development (EOD), Business Center, Suite 1200
- McKinnon Center for Management, 1st floor Lobby
- North Campus, Fitz Hall Lobby
- Staff Council Office, Hokona Hall-Zuni, Room 352
- Zimmerman Library 1st Floor Lobby
Pick-up of book donations larger than a single bag full can be arranged. Monetary donations are also accepted, and will 100 percent be applied to book purchases.
The Read to Me! ABQ Network is accepting donations up until March 29. For more information visit the Department of Family and Community Services.