This year looked a lot different than anyone expected. “Unprecedented times,” “social distancing,” “virtual meetings” and “remote learning” are phrases everyone has grown tired of during the last 10 months. Throughout this most difficult year, students, staff and faculty at The University of New Mexico have carved out a new place in history as overcomers.
We created precedence in unprecedented times, socialized from a safe distance, met and worked through online platforms while learning through new lenses of technology.
– UNM IT provides essential foundation for remote work, learning
– Coronavirus site for the UNM campus community
– President Stokes and leaders host virtual town hall
– UNM COVID-19 testing site allows for targeted testing
– UNM joins CABQ initiative to offer free outdoor Wi-Fi access
We have conquered the challenge of being isolated from our classmates and co-workers by finding newer, safer ways to connect.
– Artist and online community fighting COVID-19 crisis
– Local cookie shop switches up business model during state's Stay at Home order
– Movement is Our Medicine: virtual Running Medicine season
– UNM hosts virtual Freshman Day
– UNM's Family Development Program cooks-up recipes for children
We have exhibited compassion and courage for frontline workers by organizing personal protective equipment drives and fundraisers.
– School of Engineering spearheads respirator mask and sanitizer production
– Feeding furloughed food workers
– UNM Army ROTC cadets donate raised funds to hospital
– Local seamstresses continue mask-making coalitions
– UNM grad student couple designs simple ventilator
– Veterans help lead relief efforts during pandemic
We cherished old experiences while celebrating new ones.
– PAÍS officially opens with virtual ribbon-cutting ceremony
– Alumni Association gets creative with UNM Homecoming 2020
– Hanging of the Greens joins the virtual movement
– UNM celebrates Fall 2020 class virtually
Most of all, we learned how resilient, resourceful and responsible Lobos truly are, as they pave the way for future generations.
– Students first to graduate with Native American Studies master's degree
– New Mexico voters pass GO Bond C handily
– UNM approves new seal; implementation set to begin
– Saving a language, preserving a culture
– The University of New Mexico builds a bridge to the future as an Adobe Creative Campus
Here’s to you for making it through this incredibly challenging year, may you have a peaceful and restful holiday season.