The University of New Mexico's Office of Student Affairs, along with numerous campuswide departments, hosts Kindness Corner Open Houses on Tuesday, Nov. 15 from 2 to 4 p.m. The open houses will be held across campus in an effort to encourage kindness and respect.
"There are a lot of emotions this week and we would like to emphasize the important message of kindness, integrity and respect on campus," said Student Affairs Chief Operations Officer Kim Kloeppel. "We want students, staff and faculty to feel supported, safe and understand there are resources available for them. It is an opportunity to enhance and grow our Lobo Strong community."
The following organizations will participate in the campuswide event to promote kindness and respect.
- Accessibility Resource Center (Mesa Vista Hall 2021)
- African American Student Services (Mesa Vista Hall 1130)
- Alumni Relations (Hodgin Hall 1st fl)
- American Indian Student Services (Mesa Vista Hall 1119)
- BeKind UNM (UNM Smith Plaza)
- Career Services (University Enrichment & Advisement Center 220)
- Children’s Campus (1210 University Blvd. NE)
- College Enrichment & Outreach Programs (Mesa Vista Hall 2nd & 3rd fl)
- Dean of Students Oce (University Enrichment & Advisement Center 281)
- Division for Equity & Inclusion (Scholes Hall 243)
- El Centro de la Raza (Mesa Vista Hall 1153)
- LGBTQ Resource Center (608 Buena Vista Dr. NE)
- Oce of Equal Opportunity (609 Buena Vista NE)
- Student Health & Counseling (Building 73)
- Student Union Building
- Women’s Resource Center (Mesa Vista Hall 1160)
Also, watch a reated video from Vice President of Student Affairs Eliseo "Cheo" Torres.