The Albuquerque Teacher Residency Partnership is currently recruiting candidates for the program’s next cohort.
ATRP is intended for students who hold a bachelor’s degree in any degree field. As with any teacher preparation program, students are required to complete full-time student teaching in the classroom. ATRP’s partnership includes The University of New Mexico, Albuquerque Teachers Federation and Albuquerque Public Schools.
ATRP Program Benefits:
- Coursework for New Mexico Teaching License in one year
- Stipend during residency year
- Option to earn a master’s degree from UNM
- NM Workforce Connections funding *If eligible
- Opportunity to work as a substitute teacher
- Intense mentorship and support from Master Teachers and UNM Faculty
- Guaranteed teaching position with APS
The application for Cohort 4 is due Jan. 15, 2021.