The UNM Queer Straight Alliance and Out Queer Grads present the New Mexico Queer Student Summit on Saturday, March 26, 1-5 p.m. at the Student Union Building.
The summit offers a series of speakers, panels and workshops including:
- How To Be An Ally
- The History of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Queer Activism
- Healthy Queer Relationships
- Creating Safe Spaces in Schools
- Queer and Christian?
- Transgender Identities
- Intersections of Race and Sexuality
- Creating and Growing Queer-Straight Alliances and Gay-Straight Alliances
- Queer Families
- Working LGBTQ Studies into Academia
- Identities Outside the Acronym
- Advocacy & Activism
Co-sponsors include the UNM Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Questioning Resource Center, Delta Lambda Phi, Office for Equity and Inclusion, Student Coalition of Diversity, Project for New Mexico Graduates of Color, and Raza Graduate Student Association.
All workshops are free and open to the public. Registration and lunch will start at 1 p.m. on the east side of the Student Union Building, between the SUB and Mesa Vista Hall. Workshops are on the third floor of the SUB.
For more information, contactQSA.
Media Contact: Sari Krosinsky, (505) 277-1593; e-mail: email@example.com