Johnson Center's recreational facilities and Seidler Natatorium are tentatively scheduled to reopen Monday, Oct. 12. There will be limited hours, facilities, programs, services and reduced maximum occupancy.
The reopening will take place in phases and proceed with an abundance of caution.
Please expect the following. Protocols are subject to change at any time.
- Expect all staff to wear approved face masks, provide accurate information, and politely enforce policy.
- Any individual who will not follow safety protocols and policies will be asked to leave immediately and a disciplinary report filed with the appropriate UNM department.
- Facilities are sanitized per posted schedule.
- ONLY current UNM students, faculty and staff are permitted to utilize the facilities.
- Contactless ID validation required to access Johnson Center. Proximity card required. Magstripe readers are no longer available.
- Enter through West Doors. Exit through East Doors. Please observe and follow all posted signs.
- Approved face mask required at all times, even while exercising.
- Social distancing required at all times.
- All activities must be contact-less.
- Equipment is not to be shared.
- Locker rooms and showers are closed. Please arrive appropriately dressed.
- Maximum occupancy in all restrooms is two individuals unless specialized assistance is required.
- Maximum occupancy limits are posted in all athletic and recreational facilities.
- Reservations required. More information to follow.
a) Reservations required in all LoboFit venues and Olympic Pool.
b) Reservations required for WOW Fitness Classes, Outdoor Adventure Center.
- All equipment and stations in LoboFit venues are socially distanced. Only one individual per station allowed.
- Drinking fountains and bottle fill stations are not available. Please bring your own water.
- All financial transactions at Recreational Services are cashless, credit card only.
- The facility is shared with UNM HESS and UNM Athletics. Recreational Services, HESS, and Athletics are operating under different reopening plans.