New Mexico in Focus tackles the past and future this week, as the 70th anniversary of the Bataan Death March approaches. U.S. Senator Tom Udall talks about his efforts, along with other members of Congress, to honor veterans of the march by awarding them the Congressional Gold Medal.
New Mexico PBS' one hour public affairs show New Mexico in Focus airs Fridays at 7 p.m. and Sundays at 7 a.m. on Channel 5.1. The show can also be seen on N.M. PBS Channel 9.1 on Saturdays at 5 p.m.
Other topics this week include:
• Budget changes at N.M.'s nuclear laboratories loom large for the future. Sen. Udall addresses what's ahead for Los Alamos and Sandia.
• The Line hits the campaign trail in-depth this week, as the opinion panel talks about N.M.'s place in the national political landscape, as well as some new twists in primary battles for seats in the state legislature.
• A Republican stalwart in the N.M. State Senate, Rod Adair stunned the political world this week when he announced he won't seek reelection in the face of a primary battle. Adair sits down to talk about his efforts to ensure Republican gains in the state legislature and what's ahead for him.
• Tom Udall, (D) United States Senator
• Rod Adair, (R) New Mexico State Senator
• John Wertheim, former N.M. Democratic Party Chairman
• Jamie P. Estrada, vice president, DW Turner
• Dan Foley, former N.M. House Republican Whip
• Sophie Martin, scial media consultant
• Matt Grubs
• Gene Grant
Get updates, watch and follow N.M. PBS on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube & more.
New Mexico in Focus is produced by Matt Grubs and Kathy Wimmer. Funding has been provided in part by the McCune Foundation.
Media Contact: Evy Todd, (505) 277-1218; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org