New Mexico in Focus looks at just how predictable N.M.'s income will be in the coming year and whether lawmakers should inject money into a struggling economy now or wait until revenue predictions are more solid.
KNME's one hour public affairs show New Mexico in Focus airs Fridays at 7 p.m. and Sundays at 6:30 a.m. on Channel 5.1. The show can also be seen on KNME's Digital Channel 9.1 on Saturdays at 5 p.m.
Also this week, Gwyneth Doland examines the newfound momentum behind a plan to fund early childhood development programs. And, Kevin McDonald continues his look at groups trying to solve the same problems as the Legislature, but outside the Roundhouse. He'll explore the success of the South Valley Economic Development Center with Tony Gallegos and businessman Ruben Parga.
• Tony Gallegos, executive director, South Valley Economic Development Center
• Ruben Parga, owner, The Chispa Company
Line Guest Panelists
• Megan Kamerick, senior reporter, New Mexico Business Weekly
• John Wertheim, former chairman, Democratic Party of New Mexico
• Dan Foley, former House Republican Whip
• Sophie Martin, social media Consultant
• Gwyneth Doland
• Kevin McDonald
• Gene Grant
Get updates, watch and follow KNME on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and more.
New Mexico in Focus is produced by Matt Grubs and Kathy Wimmer.
Media Contact: Evy Todd, (505) 277-1218; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Legislative Session Takes Center Stage on New Mexico in Focus
February 01, 2012