The Mentoring Institute at UNM hosts its 8th annual mentoring conference, "New Perspectives in Mentoring: A Quest for Leadership Excellence & Innovation," Tuesday-Friday, Oct. 20-23 at the Student Union Building situated on UNM’s main campus.

Each year, the Mentoring Institute hosts its annual mentoring conference. Featuring four keynote/plenary sessions and over 300 presentations total, the 2014 conference brought close to 700 people to New Mexico. The Institute aims to host a broad constituency, which includes divisions of higher education, academic researchers, educators, community leaders, administrators, non-profit partners, government agencies, and other professionals.

The Mentoring Institute invites faculty, staff and students of higher education, researchers, K-12 educators, government agencies and other professionals to join them in a rich mix of conversation, networking opportunities, hands-on workshops, and engagement among scholars and professionals in the fields of mentoring, coaching, and leadership.

At the 2014 Mentoring Conference, 87 percent of attendees were faculty, staff or students from higher education, while the remaining 13 percent were from the areas of health care, government, non-profit and corporate/business.

Carol A. Mullen, professor of Educational Leadership, Virginia Polytechnic Institute & State University
Stacy Blake-Beard, professor of Management, Simmons College
Diana E. Northup, Professor Emerita, College of University Libraries & Learning Sciences, visiting associate professor, UNM Biology Department
Lise Lewis, master coach practitioner and EMCC International President

Workshop Leaders:
Jerry Willbur, chief executive officer, The Leadership Mentoring Institute
Chris Cook, workshop leader, Capiche Consulting

The 2015 Conference Overview is available for download. The Mentoring Institute will publish the presentation times for concurrent sessions around August 15th. You can download it using the link below:
Download 2015 Conference at a Glance (PDF)

For more information contact The Mentoring Institute at (505) 277-1484 or via email at Or download the Mentoring Conference App for apple or android.