The University of New Mexico Alumni Association recently elected eight new members to its Board of Directors for 2015-16.
- John Brown, president and Chief Executive Officer, Silent Falcon UAS Technologies, Albuquerque (’72 BBA)
- Veronica Garcia, executive director, New Mexico Voices for Children, Albuq. (BA ’74, MA ’80 and Ed.D. ’03)
- Julia Gilroy, founding member & president, UNM Honors College Alumni Chapter, Seattle, Wash. (BA ’04 and MA ’06)
- Leslie Hoffman, founder & president, LEH Consulting Group, LLC, Albuq. (BA ’99, MBA ’09)
- Judith Nakamura, judge, Second Judicial District Court, Albuq. (BA ’83, JD ’89)
- Michael Padilla, manager, Internal Audit, Starwood Hotels and Resorts, Inc. Windermere, Fla. (BBA ’03, MBA ’07)
- Lorii Rabinowitz, chief relationship officer, Rebound Solutions, Denver, Colo. (BS ’94)
- Apollonia Trujillo Gallegos, managing director of Recruitment, Teach for America, Phoenix, Ariz. (BA ’08)
The new members will serve a three-year term and can serve two terms with the possibility of a one-year extension for seven years. For complete biographies, visit: New UNM Alumni Association member bios.
The UNM Alumni Association Executive Committee for 2014-15 includes: President Ann Rhoades; President-elect James Lewis; Treasurer Tom Daulton; Past President Brian Colón; Members at Large Sandra Begay-Campbell, Harold Lavender, Rosalyn Nguyen; Henry Rivera and Aleix Tappan; Ex Oficio Karen Abraham; and Special Advisors Randy Royster and Donald "Duffy" Swan.
The UNM Alumni Association is governed by a national board of 34 members and four ex-officio members. The board is charged with guiding the Association to be a vital partner in the continued excellence of UNM through the significant engagement of alumni. The entire board meets three times a year, while the executive committee meets monthly.