The University of New Mexico Alumni Association will be collecting donated items Monday - Friday, Oct. 12-16, in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities New Mexico (RMHC-NM) and Albuquerque Public Schools Title I Homeless Project as part of the sixth annual Homecoming Community Service Project.
The Alumni Association asks all students, faculty, staff and alumni to help spread the sentiment of Homecoming 2015’s “Star Trek” inspired theme – Live Lobo and Prosper – by donating the following items:
- Disposable paper or Styrofoam plates
- Disposable paper or Styrofoam cups
- Disposable paper or Styrofoam bowls
- Plastic forks, knives and spoons
- Travel-size toiletries
- Travel-size shampoo
- Travel-size conditioner
- Hair brushes
- Soap, lotion and deodorant
- Toothbrushes and toothpaste
The UNM Alumni Association will collect items at several locations across campus including:
- Main Campus locations
- Anderson School of Management in the Advisement & Career Services Center (1st Floor)
- Hodgin Hall (the Alumni Center)
- Student Affairs Office in Scholes Hall (2nd Floor)
- Student Employment Office in Mesa Vista Hall – North (1st Floor)
- North Campus locations
- Children’s Campus
- College of Nursing in the Student Advisement Office (2nd Floor)
- Dental Hygiene Program in Novitski Hall
- South Campus location
- Student Support & Services Center (SSSC)
Those who donate an item at the UNM Alumni Association’s Faculty and Staff Alumni Luncheon on Oct. 14 will receive a 2015 commemorative UNM Homecoming pin.
RMHC-NM serves more than 70 family members at its Albuquerque location each month and provides comfort, care and a home away from home for families whose children are receiving life-saving medical treatment.
APS Title I Homeless Project provides much needed support to nearly 7,000 homeless children and youth in the Albuquerque area. Donations make a tremendous difference in these students’ lives and their ability to succeed in class in order to obtain a much-deserved education.
For questions and more information, call 505-277-5808 or visit www.unmalumni.com/homecoming.