The UNM Alumni Association invites all members of the Lobo pack to rediscover their spirit during Homecoming 2019: Paint the Town Cherry. This year’s homecoming celebrates all things Cherry & Silver with the guest of honor being you — Lobo alumni, students, staff, faculty and supporters. The UNM Alumni Association invites one and all to celebrate by Painting the Town Cherry during Homecoming Week: Monday, Oct. 21 through Saturday, Oct. 26.
Paint the Town Cherry is a celebration of each member of the Lobo pack and the Cherry & Silver spirit within each of us. During Homecoming Week 2019 there will be an event, lecture series, reunion, open house or tailgate opportunity to fit everyone’s interests. A full schedule of events can be found by visiting: Paint the Town Cherry.
UNM Alumni Association Sponsored events include:
- All Faculty & Staff Homecoming Luncheon: Faculty and staff are invited to the annual Homecoming Appreciation Lunch at noon on Tuesday, Oct. 22, at Hodgin Hall Alumni Center. Enjoy red chile or traditional Frito Pie and Pepsi products for $5. There will be prizes and a gift for every alum who is faulty or staff. Staff Council and UNM Athletics will be serving ice cream. Registration isn’t required.
- Lobo Living Room celebrates UNM Press 90th Anniversary: Join authors N. Scott Momaday, Anne Hillerman, Baker Morrow, Anna Nogar, Jack Loeffler, V. B. Price and Jim Kristofic at the Lobo Living Room celebrates UNM Press' 90th Anniversary at 5:30 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 23, at The Albuquerque Museum as they reflect on this significant milestone and discuss the legacy, culture, history, and stories published by UNM Press. RSVP required or call 505-277-5808.
Black Alumni Chapter honors Living Legends and Trailblazer award recipients: The UNM Black Alumni Chapter is proud to announce the recipients of its 2019 Living Legends and Trailblazer Awards. The Living Legends Award will be presented to the co-founder of Essence Magazine, Edward Lewis. Trailblazer Awards will be presented to N.M. State Reps., Sheryl Williams Stapleton and Jane E. Powdrell-Culbert. The recipients will be honored at a ceremony Thursday, Oct. 24 at 5:30 p.m., in the Bobo Room at Hodgin Hall Alumni Center.
- Diner en Rouge: Show your Lobo pride with your best red outfit for Diner en Rouge on Friday. Oct. 25 at 5:30 p.m.. Pack a tasty dinner and don’t forget Cherry & Silver table decorations. We’ll paint Zimmerman’s West Wing cherry while enjoying music, entertainment and drinks. Tickets are $20. If you don’t pack a picnic, boxed dinners are available for advance purchase for $15. Registration required; online or call 505-277-5808.
- All-University Breakfast: On Saturday, Oct. 26, The University of New Mexico Alumni Association proudly honors the recipients of its 2019 Lobo, Zia and Inspirational Young Alumnus awards at its All-University Breakfast held at the Hyatt Regency Downtown. Tickets are $25 per person; reservations are required at RSVP online.
- All Alumni Tailgate: The UNM Alumni Association continues the homecoming party at its annual Homecoming Tailgate — all alumni, Lobo fans, and families are invited. The tailgate starts Saturday, Oct. 26 at 11 a.m., there will be drinks, snacks and $6 Rex burgers. The Homecoming 2019 tailgate will be held before the New Mexico Lobos take on the Hawai'i Rainbow Warriors at Dreamstyle Stadium at 2 p.m. For details and $15 discounted game tickets, visit unmalumni.com/homecoming.
- Homecoming Community Service Project: The UNM Alumni Association collects items for a select New Mexico nonprofit each homecoming. This year’s 10th annual Homecoming Community Service Project benefits the Lobo Food Pantry. Alumni and event attendees are encouraged to bring nonperishable food items, toiletries and feminine care products. Donation drop off bins can be found in the lobby of Hodgin Hall Alumni Center.
UNM Homecoming 2019 Paint The Town Cherry activities begin Monday, Oct. 21 thorugh Saturday, Oct. 26 and is a celebration of each member of our Lobo pack and the Cherry & Silver spirit within each of us! During Homecoming Week 2019 there will be an event, lecture series, reunion, open house or tailgate opportunity to fit everyone’s interests.
For a full schedule, visit Homecoming events.