UNM Policy 2250, which can be found at, Policy 2250 applies to cigarettes, cigars, pipes, smokeless tobacco and all other tobacco products.
The designated smoking areas on campus are located:
- East side of Zimmerman Library
- Area east of Northrop Hall
- Area near Parking Lot D - between Hokona Hall and Laguna/Devargas suites.
- Area between Coronado Hall and Redondo Village
- Area at the Science & Technology Park
- One area at Student Family Housing
- Under the footbridge over Lomas, on the North side of Lomas
- On the west side of the Richardson Pavilion (west of the ER ambulance entrance)
- Designated areas at the Health Sciences Center
- Designated areas at UNM Stadium
- Designated areas at the Pit
- Area at Continuing Education
For a map of designated smoking areas visit: Smoke Here.