The University of New Mexico's Parking and Transportation services has announced guidelines and policies for permit refunds for students and prorated parking permit refunds for faculty and staff.
As per existing policy and practice, the last day for students to submit a request is March 31, 2020. To submit a refund request, students must complete the online form - https://forms.unm.edu/forms/permit_return_request . Students will need their UNM Net ID and password to log-in to complete the form. Students will also need to cut their permit in half and attach a photo of the permit in order for the request to be processed.
Faculty & Staff
The University administration is reviewing the various payroll deductions occurring during UNM’s Limited Operations to determine what if any temporary changes might be made. Permit holders are advised that if a faculty / staff permit is returned, they may not be able to get it back into the same zone/structure once the University reopens.
For a pro-rated permit refund, complete the online form - https://forms.unm.edu/forms/permit_return_request. Faculty / staff will also need their UNM Net ID and password to log in to the form. Those seeking a refund will also need to cut their permit in half and attach a photo in order for the request to be processed.
Prorated refund requests
For all those seeking a refund, please review the following information for how the reimbursement will be made:
- Bursar Payments (students only): If payment was transferred to your Bursar’s account, the prorated refund will be transferred to your Bursar account.
- Credit Card Payments: If payment was made by credit card, a check request will be submitted to UNM Accounts Payable for processing. Please allow up to ten business days to receive your prorated refund.
- Payroll Deductions (fac/staff only): If payment is paid by Payroll Deduction, a “stop deduction” will be processed through UNM Payroll. NOTE: Timing of the stop of a payroll deduction is entirely based on when payroll is processed by UNM. To ensure you are not charged for an additional pay period:
- Biweekly returns must be requested at least six (6) business days before the biweekly pay day
- Monthly returns must be requested at least nine (9) business days before the monthly pay day.
** During UNM’s period of limited operations, all refund requests must be submitted by 12 p.m., Monday through Friday, to ensure same day processing.
During UNM’s Limited Operations parking is allowed in any available regular permitted parking space not otherwise restricted by signage. Parking spaces restricted by signage include Reserved, ADA, Fire Lanes, barricaded, Patient/Guest/Visitor, etc., and are still actively enforced.
If you are Reserved parking space “owner” and someone is using your space without permission, please send an email to email@example.com. Please be sure to include your Reserved space number, information about the vehicle occupying your space (make, model, color and license plate # if possible), where the vehicle is parked until your space is again available along with your vehicle information.