UNM has received money from the 2012 New Mexico Legislature from the State Severance Tax Fund for a number of capital outlay projects. According to Bill Turner, director of UNM's Capital Project Program, the university is already beginning to plan.
The projects include:
- $1,379,000 for improvements to the athletic fields on the South Campus. The money is contingent on a joint powers agreement between UNM, the Albuquerque Public Schools and the New Mexico Activities Association for shared use of the fields.
- $100,000 for campus safety lighting on the main campus
- $100,000 for the burn center at UNM Hospital
- $477,000 to purchase and install medical equipment and related technology, including ultrasound equipment at UNM Hospital
- $1,197,000 to improve and replace roofs on the UNM campuses
Turner says one allocation will fold into current activities. UNM already has an active roof replacement and repair program. The new money will be used to fund more projects in the program.
Media contact: Karen Wentworth (505) 277-5627; email: email@example.com
- Inside UNM