The University of New Mexico Board of Regents will conduct its next regular meeting Monday, March 14, at 9 a.m. in ballroom C of the Student Union Building on the UNM main campus.
In addition to its regular meeting, the Board will go into an Executive Session at 11:30 a.m., March 14, in the Cherry/Silver Room of the Student Union Building.
I. Confirmation of a Quorum: Adoption of the Agenda
II. Approval of Summarized Minutes of the Jan. 11, 2011 and the Feb. 15, 2011 Board Meetings III. Election of the 2011-2012 Officers of the Board of Regents
IV. Adoption of Policy concerning Public Notice of Regents' Meetings
V. Administrative Report, President David J. Schmidly
VI. Comments from Regents' Advisors
Faculty Senate President, Richard Wood
Staff Council President, Merle Kennedy
GPSA President, Lissa Knudsen
ASUNM President, Lazaro Cardenas, Jr.
UNM Alumni Association President, Steve Chreist
UNM Foundation Chair, Anne Yegge
UNM Parent Association President, Maria Probasco
UNM Retiree Association President, Cynthia Stuart
VII. Regents Comments
VIII. Public Comment – Agenda Items
IX. Regent Committee Reports
Academic/Student Affairs & Research Committee, Carolyn Abeita, Chair
A. Approval of Creation of the W.K. Kellogg Chair in Sustainable Environmental and Food Systems Endowed Chair
B. Approval of Naming of Professor Bruce Milne as W.K. Kellogg Chair in Sustainable Environmental and Food Systems Endowed Chair
C. Approval of Naming of Dr. Loretta Cordova de Ortega as John D. Johnson, MD
D. Approval of Sustainable Building Certificate – UNM Valencia
E. Academic Implications of Proposed Cost Containment Strategies and Reorganization
Audit Committee, Gene Gallegos, Chair
A. Regents' Audit Committee Report, 1/20/2011 Meeting
Health Sciences, Jack Fortner, Chair
Finance and Facilities Committee, Don Chalmers, Chair
A. Consent Agenda (Finance and Facility Committee meeting 3/7/2011)
1. Disposition of Surplus Property on lists dated 12/23/10, 1/25/11, and 2/25/11
2. Approval of Contracts:
1. UNMH – Fuji Computed Radiology (CR)
2. GE Medical System, Cerner Corporatio
4. UNM Physical Plant/Utilities Division – Solar Turbines, Inc.
3. Approval of:
1. Capital Project for Human Tissue Repository
2. Capital Project for UNM Gallup Gurley Hall Air Handler Replacement
3. Architect Selection and Capital Project for the Laguna/DeVargas Residence
4. Capital Project for Student Family Housing on Buena Vista Avenue
5. Approval of Management Services Agreement between the Board of Regents of the
University of New Mexico and Lobo Energy Inc.
6. Approval of STC.UNM Annual Report and Financial Statement
B. Action Items:
7. Construction Manager at Risk Selection and Capital Project for Baseball Stadium Renovation, Phase 1
C. Information Items
8. Monthly Consolidated Financial Report for Month ended 1/31/1011
9. Capital Projects Monthly Project Status Report
10. CEO UNM Hospitals Monthly and Dashboard Report
11. UNM Foundation Quarterly Performance Report
12. Mid-year Budget Review and FY 12 Budget Preview
X. Regent Committee Appointments
XI. Public Comment
XII. Vote to close the meeting and to proceed in Executive Session.
XIII. Executive Session will be held from 11:30 a.m. – 1 p.m. in the Cherry/Silver Room
A. Discussion where appropriate of threatened or pending litigation pursuant to section 10-15-1.H(7) NMSA (1978)
B. Discussion and determination where appropriate of potential purchase, acquisition or disposal of real property pursuant to Section 10-15-1. H(8) NMSA (1978)
C. Discussion where appropriate of limited personnel matters pursuant to Section 10-15-1.H(2), NMSA (1978)
XIV. Vote to re-open meeting
D. Certification that only those matters described in Agenda Item XII were discussed in Executive Session and if necessary, ratification of actions, if any, taken in Executive Session.
A copy of the agenda will be available at the Zimmerman Library Reserve Desk and at University Communication and Marketing (Cornell Parking Structure) at least 24 hours prior to the meeting. The agenda will also be available at Regent's Notices no later than 24 hours before the meeting.
Individuals with disabilities in need of a reader, amplifier, qualified signed language interpreter or any other form of auxiliary aid or service to attend or participate in a Board of Regents meeting should contact University Communication and Marketing. Public documents, including the agenda and minutes, can be provided in various accessible formats and individuals who need accessible formats should also contact University Communication and Marketing.
Media contact: Susan McKinsey (505) 277‑1807, cell: (505) 362‑5530; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Inside UNM