The Data Bank at the University of New Mexico's Bureau of Business and Economic Research (UNMBBER) invites all data users to register and attend its 20th Annual Data Users Conference on Thursday, Nov. 15 at the CNM Workforce Training Center.
The Annual Data Users Conference is New Mexico’s premier forum for both beginning and professional data users in the state and surrounding areas. The conference is a valued learning experience for private businesses, government agencies, service organizations, information providers, researchers and students all across New Mexico.
This year’s conference will feature presentation topics including:
- News from U.S. Census Bureau on 2020 preparations
- New data tools from the Census Bureau
- Economic Census
- NM Population Estimates and Projections (Robert Rhatigan of UNM Geospatial Population Studies on annual population estimates and projections for New Mexico)
- The New Mexico Economy (UNMBBER Director, Dr. Jeffrey Mitchell, will present a review of New Mexico's recent economic performance and a short-term economic outlook over lunch)
Breakout Sessions will cover more specific topics in small groups including:
- Census Stats in Schools
- Census Networking, U.S. Census Partnerships for 2020
- Rural Geography
- Economic Targets in the US Patents Database
- Race and Ethnicity
- American Indian & Alaska Native
- Labor Market Information
- Mapping Data
- Regular Registration Oct. 1 – Nov. 4: $75 per person
- Late Registration Nov. 5 – Nov. 15: $85 per person
*Registration includes conference materials, breakfast, beverage breaks, and a buffet lunch.
The conference will be held at CNM Workforce Training Center located at: 5600 Eagle Rock Ave NE, Albuquerque, NM 87113 Directions: I-25, Alameda exit west to San Mateo Blvd., turn north to Eagle Rock Ave. (Google map).
For more information, a complete conference schedule, updates, and registration, visit the conference website: NM Data Users Conference, call the UNMBBER Data Bank at: (505) 277-3038 or email Suzan Reagan, firstname.lastname@example.org.