The Data Bank at the University of New Mexico's Bureau of Business and Economic Research (BBER) invites you to register and attend its19th Annual Data Users Conference on Thursday, Nov. 16, at the CNM Workforce Training Center.
The annual Data Users Conference is New Mexico’s premier forum for both beginning and professional data users in the state and surrounding areas. Early-registration is available until Thursday, Nov. 2.
This year’s conference will feature Census and local speakers:
- Pauline Núñez, with 2020 Census Community Partnership and Engagement Program (CPEP), to cover 2020 Census preperations and partnerships.
- Jim Castagneri, with US Census Bureau Geography Department, to present on Census Geography programs including LUCA.
- Alemayehu Bishaw, with US Census Bureau Poverty Statistics Division, will talk about the methodology used to produce poverty measures and a look at results from the supplemental poverty measures.
- Robert Rhatigan of UNM Geospatial Population Studies will discuss annual population estimates and projections for the state of New Mexico.
- Jeffery Mitchell, BBER's diretor, will review New Mexico's recent economic performance and provide a short-term economic outlook.
Other conference breakout sessions will cover a variety of topics which should be of interest to business and Census data users alike including labor market information, geography-mapping data, and crime statistics.
Breakout sessions will cover more specific topics in small groups including:
- Poverty Measures, U.S. Census Bureau
- Economic Census, U.S. Census Bureau
- Crime Analysis in Albuquerque
- NM Tax Data
- Happiness and Wellbeing Measures and Public Policy
- Census Networking, U.S. Census Partnerships for 2020
- Labor Market Information
- Census Geography including LUCA preparations
- Mapping Data
- Early Registration (until Nov. 2) is $65 per person
- Pre-Registration is $75
- Registration the day of the conference is $85
* Registration includes conference materials, breakfast, beverage breaks, and a buffet lunch.
The Conference will be held at CNM Workforce Training Center, located at: 5600 Eagle Rock Ave NE, Albuquerque, NM 87113
Directions: I-25, Alameda exit west to San Mateo Blvd., turn north to Eagle Rock Ave. (Google map).
The Data Users Conference has become a valued learning experience for private businesses, government agencies, service organizations, information providers, researchers and students all across New Mexico.