The UNM Staff Council President Renée Delgado-Riley today released a strategic plan that outlines goals the council would like to complete over the next five years.
The plan was put together after Delgado-Riley convened a series of focus groups that zeroed in on staff concerns and hopes. It is available on the Staff Council website.
“This document is a roadmap for the staff council for the next five years," Delgado-Riley said. "We learned that it will be very important to focus on staff morale and help the university administration understand the fundamental role staff members play in the strength and stability of the institution.”
The strategic goals include:
- Representing constituents through two-way communication of policies and information
- Serve UNM staff by strengthening the collective UNM staff “voice”
- Highlight the many UNM staff and Staff Council contributions to UNM
- Foster leadership at UNM and in the community
- Partner with UNM shareholders in efforts aimed at improving UNM staff well-being
Among the recommendations in the strategic plan is one that requests the UNM administration to conduct a study on staff retention to identify best practices for promoting and recognizing good work ethic.