The University of New Mexico Staff Council seeks nominations for the Jim Davis Staff Council Award for Meritorious Service. The award, named after former staff councilor Jim Davis, recognizes the significant contributions of an individual to the Staff Council.
The Jim Davis Award is presented each year, during the month of July. Recipients are presented with a plaque during the July Staff Council Business meeting.
Each recipient of the Jim Davis Staff Council Award is a current or former Staff Councilor who was or is a representative on standing committees, university-wide committees or ad hoc committees.
To be eligible for the Jim Davis Award, the prospective nominee:
- Is currently or has been a member in good standing with Staff Council, standing committees, or ad hoc committees
- Has served the Council as a representative or committee member for at least one year
- Has not received the award in the last 5 years (see list below)
- Does not have faculty status
The selection committee looks for specific examples as to why a nominee deserves the Jim Davis Staff Councilor Award for Meritorious Service, such as:
- Examples of the nominee's leadership, initiative, effectiveness, and service to the Staff Council.
- Specific results of outcomes achieved because of the nominee's contributions to the Staff Council.
- A description of how the nominee has otherwise contributed to the UNM community and exhibited University Values.
The award was established in 1999, and is named after the late Jim Davis, who served as a Staff Councilor for moe than five years on numerous committees and was the Council’s Speaker for four years. Davis was the first to receive the award and since then it has been presented annually during the Staff Council Business meeting.
For those who wish to fill out a Nomination Form. The deadline nomination is Friday, March 10.
For more information on the award, visit the Staff Council Website or call 505.277.1532.