The UNM Alumni Association invites all the party animals in our pack to cheer, howl and dance about during Homecoming 2016’s HOWLABALOO: Let’s get this party started. This year’s homecoming is a party like no other, taking place on Sunday, Sept. 25 to Sunday, Oct. 2.
A HOWLABALOO is a party. A celebration. A reason to howl, cheer and show your Lobo spirit. With more than 50 HOWLABALOO events on the calendar during Homecoming Week 2016, there will be an event, lecture series, reunion, open house or tailgate opportunity to fit everyone’s interests. A full schedule of events can be found by visiting the Alumni Association’s website.
The HOWLABALOO officially kicks off with the Alumni Association Online Auction at 8 a.m., Sunday, Sept. 25, giving out-of-town Lobo alums the opportunity to support the University by bidding on items to raise funds for the UNM Alumni Association Scholarship Fund and alumni programs. The online auction ends at 8 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 2.
Take your place at the table for the All-University Breakfast, where howl-worthy recipients will receive the Zia, Lobo, and Inspirational Young Alumnus awards. Attend the pre-game tailgates on Saturday, Oct. 1, before watching the mighty Lobos defeat the San Jose State Spartans at University Stadium.
The UNM Alumni Association also enthusiastically invites alumni and the community to its annual Open House & Silent Auction, which will be held from 5:30 to 8 p.m. Friday, Sept. 30, at Hodgin Hall Alumni Center. Get ready to howl for an evening of fun, live entertainment and delicious refreshments while perusing the fabulous auction items from our generous donors. Auction proceeds support the UNM Alumni Association Scholarship Fund and alumni programs.
For complete details and registration for these events, and all other Homecoming activities, visit the Alumni Association’s Homecoming website.
UNM’s campus, its colleges, schools, departments and programs are planning opportunities for everyone to come together to howl during this HOWLABALOO Homecoming week:
- Monday, Sept. 26 to Friday, Sept. 30: Visit the Tamarind Institute
- Monday, Sept. 26 from 10 a.m.–1 p.m.: Student Homecoming Decorating Contest
- Tuesday, Sept. 27 to Friday, Sept. 30 from 10 a.m.–4 p.m.: Visit the UNM Art Museum
- Tuesday, Sept. 27 from noon–1 p.m.: UNM Staff Council Celebration
- Wednesday, Sept. 28 from 11 a.m.–12:30 p.m.: Maxwell Collections Tour with Indian Bread Baking
- Wednesday, Sept. 28 from noon–1 p.m.: Faculty & Staff Alumni Appreciation Luncheon
- Wednesday, Sept. 28 from 5:30–7p.m.: Naval ROTC Re-dedication Ceremony
- Wednesday, Sept. 28 from 5:30–8 p.m.: Office of Medical Investigator Tour
- Thursday, Sept. 29 from 12:30–1 p.m.: Robert Wood Johnson Center for Public Health Homecoming Lecture
- Thursday, Sept. 29 from 3–5 p.m.: Naval ROTC Retirement Ceremony for Admiral David Gale ('83 BA)
- Friday, Sept. 30 from 8 a.m.–6 p.m.: Homecoming Sale at the UNM Bookstore
- Friday, Sept. 30 from noon–1 p.m.: Lobo Spirit Day and Pep Rally
- Friday, Sept. 30 from 3:30–6 p.m.: Art in the Afternoon at the Tamarind Institute
- Friday, Sept. 30 from 4:30–6:30 p.m.: Honors College Alumni Weekend Happy Hour
- Friday, Sept. 30 from 5–7 p.m.: Black Alumni Chapter Living Legends and Trailblazer Awards Ceremony
- Friday, Sept. 30 from 5–7 p.m.: UNM Men's Soccer Game and Tailgate
- Friday, Sept. 30 from 6–8 p.m.: Graduate Art Student Open Studio
- Friday, Sept. 30 from 6–8 p.m.: Maxwell Exhibition Celebration
- Friday, Sept. 30 from 7–9 p.m.: UNM Alumni Lettermen Homecoming Social
- Saturday, Oct. 1 from 10 a.m.–8 p.m.: UNM Art Museum Visitation
- Saturday, Oct. 1 from 11 a.m.–1 p.m.: Chi Omega Alumnae Green Chile Stew Open House
- Saturday, Oct. 1 from 11 a.m.–4 p.m.: Homecoming Sale at the UNM Bookstore and Lobo Den
- Saturday, Oct. 1 from 11 a.m.–2 p.m.: UNM Alumni Lettermen's Tailgate
- Saturday, Oct. 1 from 5:30–8 p.m.: Honors College Open House
For a complete list, with detailed event information, that includes each college and campus-wide Homecoming 2016 activities, reunions, lectures, tours and tailgates, visit the Alumni Association’s Homecoming website.
For questions and discount football game tickets for alumni call 505-277-5808.