The UNM Alumni Association is inviting all members of the pack to reignite their Lobo spirit with Homecoming 2017 Living la Vida Lobo.
This year’s theme is a celebration of each member of the Lobo community as each of us defines all of us. Homecoming 2017 starts Monday, Sept. 25 and runs through Saturday, Sept. 30. With more than 50 events on the calendar, over six days, there is an event, lecture series, reunion, open house or tailgate opportunity to fit everyone’s interests. A full schedule of events can be found on the Alumni Association website.
UNM Alumni Association sponsored events include:
- Living la Vida Lobo Kickoff Rally: Homecoming week officially kicks off with a rally in the Karen A. Abraham Courtyard from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Monday, Sept. 25. Lobo spirit wear is encouraged. Alumni, students, faculty and staff are invited to attend. Lobo Louie and Lucy will be there to help kick off this year’s festivities. Food trucks will be available to purchase lunch. Faculty and staff will be able to pick up their Faculty & Staff Alumni Luncheon tickets at this event.
- Faculty & Staff Alumni Luncheon: Full-time faculty and staff who are alumni are invited to the annual Homecoming Appreciation Lunch at noon on Wednesday, Sept. 27. Space is limited to the first 300 guests. Pick up your ticket in advance at the Homecoming Kickoff Rally at Hodgin Hall Alumni Center on Monday, Sept. 25. Tickets will be dispersed on a first-come, first-served basis. Bring your Lobo ID (reservations will not be accepted over the phone).
- Diner en Rouge: The University of New Mexico Alumni Association invites alumni and the community to a new event on Friday, Sept. 29—Diner en Rouge. Attendees are asked to rock their best all-rouge (red) outfits and prep the perfect picnic dinner to enjoy live entertainment, special surprises, contests and an evening with fellow Lobos in the Karen Abraham Courtyard at Hodgin Hall Alumni Center. RSVP required.
- All University Breakfast: The University of New Mexico Alumni Association will honor the recipients of its 2017 Lobo, Zia and Inspirational Young Alumnus awards. The recipients will be honored at the Alumni Association's All University Breakfast starting at 9 a.m. on Saturday, Sept. 30 in the La Ventana Room at Embassy Suites. The public is invited to attend. Tickets are $25 per person. RSVP required.
- All Alumni Tailgate: The UNM Alumni Association will continue the homecoming party at its annual Homecoming Tailgate for all alumni and Lobo fans. The Homecoming 2017 tailgate will start at 2 p.m. on Saturday, Sept. 30 before the Lobos take on Air Force at Dreamstyle Stadium.
- Homecoming Community Service Project: This year’s eight annual Homecoming Community Service Project will benefit the Storehouse. Nonperishable, protein-rich food products can be dropped off at Hodgin Hall Alumni Center throughout the week.