The University of New Mexico Young Alumni (UNMYA) has announced its 2017 board of directors. The UNMYA board is a group of 15 individuals who lead committees, events and programs for both young alumni and soon-to-be graduates of UNM. Members of the board serve two-year terms.
Executive board members include:
- President Joseph Dworak, deputy director at New Mexico Office of the Attorney General
- President-Elect Erica Krause Muñoz, marketing business partner at Presbyterian Healthcare Services
- Secretary Theresa Rogers, Legislative Finance Committee
- Treasurer Aaron Currence, research analyst at UNM Foundation.
Additional board members include:
- Jessica Duncan, American Cancer Society
- Greg Golden, The University of New Mexico
- Jenna Hagengruber, U.S. Fulbright Program
- Charla Henley, UNM Global Education Office
- Rosa Holguin, The University of New Mexico College of Education
- Arturo Lozoya, Nusenda Credit Union
- Holly Marquez, PR Newswire
- Tyler McCormick, Law Office of the Public Defender
- David Mueller, The University of New Mexico
- Marcos Romero, American Campus Communities
- Cameron Roger, Simply Design
- Past President Deanna Salzar, AFRL-Kirtland
UNMYA caters to the needs of alums who graduated from UNM within the past 15 years, whether they stay in New Mexico or relocate to another state.
Through four committees, alumni are able to stay connected to UNM and give back to the community through networking, social events and philanthropy.
For more information about getting involved, visit the UNM Alumni website or Facebook page.