The Veterans Resource Center (VRC) at the University of New Mexico is recruiting applicants for the $10,000 Tillman Military Scholarship (TMS). This is a tremendous opportunity for New Mexico veterans, service members and spouses who have a record of achievement and service, and who want to continue their education.
To encourage applicants who want to attend UNM for undergraduate, graduate, or post-graduate studies, the VRC will offer one-on-one assistance to the first 30 applicants who start the online application process.
Eligibility and Criteria include the following:
* Veteran and active duty military service members from all U.S. Armed Forces: Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, Coast Guard, National Guard and Reserve
* Spouses of active or veteran service members, including surviving spouses
* All applicants must pursue an undergraduate, graduate or post-graduate degree as a full-time student at a public or private, 4-year U.S.-based accredited institution. Applicants do not need to be enrolled or admitted at the time of application
Applicants will be evaluated according to the following criteria:
* Educational and career ambitions
* Record of military service (or service as a spouse) and motivation for serving
* Record of personal achievement
* Demonstration of service to others in the community and leadership potential
* Desire to continue to serve others and make a positive impact on the community
* Compelling, thoughtful, genuine and thorough essay question responses
TMS scholarships average $10,000 per award, are renewable and cover expenses such as tuition and fees, housing and child care. Scholarship amounts are determined by the strength of the applicant and their financial need. TMS also provides resources that empower scholars to lead in their local communities and ease the transition from military to civilian life.
The online application is open from Friday, Feb. 7 to Thursday, March 6. Access the online application tool at Pat Tillman Foundation
For application assistance and more information, contact Trina Zahller at (505) 277-0532 or email, firstname.lastname@example.org.