Areas of Expertise
Allen Parkman is a Regents' Professor Emeritus of Management at the Anderson School of Management, a position he's held since 2006. He came to The University of New Mexico in 1975 as an asssistant professor. Previously, he was an asisstant professor at New College in Sarasota, Fla. from 1973-75. He began his career at Santa Monica College (Calif.) as an instructor in 1971.
Parkman has written three books including Smart Marriage: Using Your (Business) Head as Well as Your Heart to Find Wedded Bliss; Good Intentions Gone Awry: No Fault Divorce and the American Family; and No Fault Divorce: What Went Wrong? and numerous chapters and academic publications throughout the years.
- Application of economic analysis to public policy issues, especially those affecting families.
- BA. Brown University, 1962
- MA, Ph.D., UCLA, 1970, 1973
- JD, New Mexico, 1979
- Anderson Schools of Management, UNM
Full Time, 1975-2006
Part Time, 2006 –
- Senior Staff Economist, President's Council of Economic Advisers, Washington DC, August 1981 through August 1982
- Parkman was a Visiting Scholar, Institute for Research in the Social Sciences, University of York, Heslington, York (UK) April 1984 - June 1984.
- Named Anderson Schools Research Professor of the Year in 1991-92
If you would like to contact this expert for a story, please call Steve Carr at (505) 277.1821 (office), (505) 702.7720 (cell) or University Communication and Marketing (UCAM) at (505) 277.5813.