Professor of Economics; Director, Nepal Studies Center
Areas of Expertise
- Dr. Alok K. Bohara is a professor of Economics and the founding director of the Nepal Study Center at the University of New Mexico (UNM).
- He is a senior research fellow at the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Center for Health Policy at UNM.
- His research focus is in the areas of environment, (global) health, and development.
- He has published more than 85 peer-reviewed papers in the US and European journals. His main expertise is quantitative methods, modeling and the state of the art data analysis with an inter disciplinary focus. He has mentored several Ph.D. students with a successful placement in both academic and non-academic positions. His research motto is: multidisciplinary, collaborative, and data intensive.
- He has a Masters degree in Statistics and taught at Tribhuvan University, Nepal. He received his Ph.D. from the University of Colorado (Boulder) in economics (1986).
- After spending a year at CU as a visitor, he joined UNM in 1987.
Additional areas of interest
Bohara's teaching interests include econometrics, development analytics, time series analysis, mathematical statistics, non-market valuation methodology, forecasting, quantitative methods and research methodology.
If you would like to contact this expert for a story, please call Dianne Anderson at (505) 277.1807 (office), (505) 379.9105 (cell); Karen Wentworth at (505) 277-5627 (office), (505) 220.0313 (cell) or University Communication and Marketing (UCAM) at (505) 277.5813