Areas of Expertise
- W.K. Kellogg Endowed Chair in Sustainable Environmental and Food Systems
- Director of Sustainability Studies Program
- Professor of Biology at the University of New Mexico since 1986
- Specializes in landscape ecology, fractal geometry and scaling in complex systems
- Recognized by The International Association for Landscape Ecology for the best paper published in the field in 1992 and again in 2006 as Distinguished Landscape Ecologist
- Founded the Sustainability Studies Program at The University of New Mexico since 2007
- Milne and his students have contributed to writing campus Policy 2100 Sustainability, the Campus Carbon-neutral Plan
- With faculty from four colleges Dr. Milne leads a USDA-sponsored “Collaborative for Foodshed Development” to support Hispanic and other minority students seeking professional careers in sustainable environmental and food systems.
If you would like to contact this expert for a story, please call Steve Carr at (505) 277.1821 (office), (505) 702.7720 (cell) or University Communication and Marketing (UCAM) at (505) 277.5813.