Associate Professor, Political Science
Areas of Expertise
- American politics
- political behavior
- public policy
- race and ethnic politics
- political methodology
- Loren Collingwood is an associate professor in the Department of Political Science at The University of New Mexico.
- Collingwood’s research interests include American politics, political behavior, public policy, race and ethnic politics, immigration and political methodology.
- His research has appeared (or is forthcoming) in American Politics Research, British Journal of Political Science, Election Law Journal, Electoral Studies, Journal of Race and Ethnic Politics, Policy and Politics, and Policy Studies Journal to name several.
- He is the co-author of “Sanctuary Cities: The Politics of Refuge” (2019) and author of “Campaigning in a Racially Diversifying America: When and How Cross-Racial Electoral Mobilization Works” (2020) both with Oxford University Press.
- Collingwood holds a Ph.D. from University of Washington and B.A. from California State University, Chico.
If you would like to contact this expert for a story, call Rachel Whitt at (505) 417.6532 or University Communication and Marketing (UCAM) at (505) 277.5813.