Areas of Expertise
- Educational Psychology
- Motivation to learn
- Data Analysis
- Underserved Students
- Underrepresented Students
Martin Jones is an educational psychology professor. His research focuses on how friends affect academic motivation and achievement, especially among underserved and underrepresented students.
- Underserved and underrepresented students
- how friends/classmates affect academic achievement
- Instructor for college students with learning disabilities
- Understanding and implementing factors affecting students’ and schools’ academic success
Additional areas of interest
Jones earned his Doctorate in Educational Psychology from Indiana University and his Bachelor's degree in social studies education from Purdue University. He has written over a dozen empirical articles, given more than two dozen national presentations, and reviews for many national journals. He regularly speaks with teachers, students, and organizations to help enhance students' motivation and achievement.
If you would like to contact this expert for a story, please call Steve Carr at (505) 277.1821 (office), (505) 702.7720 (cell) or University Communication and Marketing (UCAM) at (505) 277.5813.