Areas of Expertise
An associate professor in the UNM Department of Mechanical Engineering, Zayd Leseman's research is dedicated to the understanding of the physics of nano/micro-materials primarily through the design of novel experiments followed by modelling.
- Leseman has been at the University of New Mexico since 2006 and is currently an Associate Professor in the Department of Mechanical Engineering.
- Projects include adhesion of of micro/nanodevices, length scale effects in thin films, phononic crystals, nanothickness material synthesis and alteration of the electrical, magnetic and thermal properties.
- B.S. and M.S. degrees from the Department of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign (UIUC) in 1997 and 2000, respectively.
- After obtaining his M.S., he started his own company in which he designed, fabricated and patented a novel inkjet printhead
- Returned to UIUC and completed his Ph.D. in May 2006.
Additional areas of interest
Nanofabrication, MicroElectromechanical Systems, Solid Mechanics, Materials Science, Thermal Transport
If you would like to contact this expert for a story, please call Rachel Whitt at (505) 277.5627 (office) or University Communication and Marketing (UCAM) at (505) 277.5813.