Politics aside, local community leaders recently gathered at The Pit in solidarity to ask for the community’s participation in Lobo Fridays—the day before Lobo Football home games.
It was a group of familiar faces: State Representative Antonio “Moe” Maestas, Lobo Football Coach Bob Davie, City Council President Ken Sanchez, James B. Lewis on behalf of Mayor Tim Keller, Tia Bland on behalf of Bernalillo County Manager Julie Morgas Baca, and Hispano Chamber of Commerce President Ernie C’de Baca, who came together with one message.
“We want to proclaim the Friday before each football home game, Lobo Friday,” said Maestas representing the group. “There’s no greater vehicle to bring this community closer together than Lobo Football—bring your family out this fall.”
To celebrate Lobo Fridays, community members, in addition to the UNM campus community, are encouraged to wear Lobo gear or red clothing the Friday before Lobo football home games.
Home game schedule
- Saturday, Sept. 1 vs Incarnate Word at 6 p.m.
- Saturday, Sept. 29 vs Liberty at 4 p.m.
- Saturday, Oct. 20 vs Fresno State at TBD
- Saturday, Nov. 3 vs San Diego State at TBD
- Friday, Nov. 16 vs Boise State at 7 p.m.
- Saturday, Nov. 24 vs Wyoming at 12:30 p.m.