New Mexico in Focus' community segment, Public Square, brings together movers and shakers from the field of Early Childhood Development. Advocates, lawmakers, business leaders and community organizers talk about the recently completed legislative session, and the potential impacts on the state's youngest residents. Guests cover everything from data collection and how to use it, to identifying creative ways to fund and support children as they get ready to enter school.
KNME's one hour public affairs show New Mexico in Focus airs Fridays at 7 p.m. and Sundays at 6:30 a.m. on KNME, Channel 5.1. The show can also be seen on KNME's Digital Channel 9.1 on Saturdays at 5 p.m.
* Rosa Barraza, Chair, Latino/Hispano Education Improvement Task Force
* Pamela K. Blackwell, Attorney and Healthcare Public Policy Consultant
* Yolanda Deines, Secretary, Children, Youth, and Families Dept.
* Stephen Fischmann (D), State Senator, Dona Ana County
* Leroy Goats, Program Operations, Santa Fe Children's Project
* Miguel A. Gómez, Advocacy Liaison, St. Joseph Community Health
* Dan Haggard, Early Childhood Services /Children, Youth and Families Department
* Jerry Kinkade, PhD., Psychologist
* Larry Langley, President/CEONew Mexico Business Round Table for Educational Excellence
* Lillian Montoya-Rael, Program Manager, Early Childhood Development Partnership
* Kelly O'Donnell, Economist, New Mexico Voices for Children
* Baji Rankin, Executive Director of the NM Assoc. for the Education of Young Children
* Pam Remstein, Education Coordinator , United Way of Santa Fe County, NM Pre-K
* John Sapien (D), State Senator, Corrales
* Allen Sanchez, Executive Director, New Mexico Conference of Catholic Bishops
* Myra Segal, Deputy Policy Director, New Mexico Voices for Children
* Lois Vermilya, Director, UNM Family Development Program
* Peter Winograd, Director, UNM Center for Education Policy Research
Gene Grant, Weekly Alibi Columnist
Watch again online at KNME. Additionally, get updates, watch and follow KNME on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube & more.
New Mexico in Focus is produced by are Kevin McDonald and Kathy Wimmer. Closed captioning has been made possible by a gift from Mrs. Elspeth G Bobbs.
Media Contact: Evy Todd, (505) 277-1218; email@example.com.
New Mexico in Focus Looks at Early Childhood Education
April 28, 2011