This week on New Mexico in Focus, the line discusses the implications for New Mexico after the United States Supreme Court's decision to overturn the federal Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA).
New Mexico in Focus airs on Friday, June 28 at 7 p.m. on Channel 5.1 and appears online shortly thereafter. The show rebroadcasts Saturday, June 29 at 5 p.m. on Channel 9.1. and again on Sunday at 7 a.m. on channel 5.1.
The group also examines an audit by the Human Services Department of state spending on behavioral health providers and discusses transparency in government, as Gov. Susana Martinez's administration refuses to release records of a hunting trip taken by First Gentleman Chuck Franco.
Additionally, Albuquerque Journal's John Fleck and freelance environmental journalist Laura Paskus discuss New Mexico’s changing attitude towards water and the fight to conserve the resource.
• John Fleck, Science Writer, Albuquerque Journal
• Laura Paskus, Freelance Environmental Journalist
• James Monteleone, Albuquerque Journal
• Rob Nikolewski, New Mexico Watchdog
• Laura Sanchez, New Mexico Green Chamber of Commerce
• Milan Simonich, Texas New Mexico Newspapers Partnership
• Matt Grubs, NMiF Producer
• Gene Grant, Weekly Alibi columnist
Get updates, watch, and follow New Mexico PBS on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube & more.
New Mexico in Focus is produced by Matt Grubs and Kathy Wimmer. Funding has been provided in part by the McCune Foundation.
Media Contact: Evy Todd (505) 277- 1218, email: email@example.com
New Mexico in Focus Looks at the DOMA Decision and Implications for the State
June 27, 2013