This week on New Mexico in Focus, part two of the series of interviews with candidates running in the Democratic primary for governor. Martha Burk talks with candidates Lawrence Rael and Alan Webber about the economy, education and gender equality issues. The primary takes place Tuesday, June 3 and early voting begins this Saturday, May 17.
New Mexico in Focus airs Friday night at 7 p.m. on Channel 5.1 and appears online at NMiF shortly thereafter. The show rebroadcasts Saturday at 5 p.m. on Channel 9.1 and again on Sunday at 7 a.m. on Channel 5.1.
Also this week, producer Megan Kamerick speaks with David Campbell, who has served as assistant city attorney, city attorney and chief administration officer for hte city of Albuquerque, about his recent career shift and the city's potential to be an international city, the Line opinion panel discusses the five candidates vying to challenge Gov. Susana Martinez, a discussion about proposed reforms for the Albuquerque Police Department and a look into the oil and gas boom across the state.
- Lawrence Rael, Democratic gubernatorial candidate
- Alan Webber, Democratic gubernatorial candidate
- David Campbell, Vice Counsul, U.S. Consulate - Guayaquil, Ecuador
Line Guest Panelists:
- Mark Boitano, former New Mexico state senator
- Harry Van Buren, associate professor, Anderson School of Management
- Sophie Martin, attorney
- Laura Sanchez-Rivét, Sanchez Legal Solutions
- Martha Burk, NMiF special correspondent
- Megan Kamerick, producer
- Gene Grant
Get updates, watch and follow New Mexico PBS on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and more.
New Mexico in Focus is produced by Megan Kamerick. Funding has been provided in part by the McCune Foundation, the Communications Fund and the Santa Fe Community Foundation.