New Mexico in Focus to Examine Controversy Surrounding Public Regulation Commission
August 25, 2011
New Mexico in Focus hones in on the controversy surrounding the Public Regulation Commission. Peter St. Cyr sits down with the Women League of Voters to explore renewed efforts to revamp the floundering commission.
KNME's one hour public affairs show New Mexico in Focus airs Fridays at 7 p.m. and Sundays at 6:30 a.m. on KNME, Channel 5.1. The show can also be seen on KNME's Digital Channel 9.1 on Saturdays at 5 p.m.
At the center of the PRC's controversy is its longest-serving commissioner, Jerome Block, Jr., who is battling allegations of improper behavior. Also on the agenda this week is September's special legislative session, which is rapidly-expanding, and UNM's struggles to get more golfers to hit the links.
• Jason Marks, Public Regulation commissioner
• Johnny Montoya, Chief of Staff, New Mexico Public Regulation Commission
• Karen Heldmeyer, League of Women Voters
• Neva Van Peski, League of Women Voters
• Rob Nikolewski, managing editor, Capitol Report New Mexico
• Dan Foley, former Minority Whip, New Mexico House of Representatives
• Sophie Martin, former managing Editor, DukeCityFix.com
• Laura Sanchez, environmental lawyer, Natural Resources Defense Council
New Mexico In Focus Correspondent:
• Peter St. Cyr, Veritas New Mexico Online Magazine
• Gene Grant, Weekly Alibi columnist
Watch again online at KNME. Additionally, get updates, watch and follow KNME on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube & more.
New Mexico in Focus is produced by Kevin McDonald and Kathy Wimmer and closed captioning has been made possible by a gift from Mrs. Elspeth G. Bobbs.
Media Contact: Evy Todd, (505) 277-1218; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org