This week on New Mexico in Focus, host Gene Grant and the Line opinion panelists discuss the local and national outcomes of the 2016 elections. Democrats in New Mexico took back the House, but a prominent leader in the Senate lost his re-election bid. Also, Correspondent Gwyneth Doland examines policy changes at the University of New Mexico to address sexual assaults on campus.
New Mexico PBS’ one-hour public affairs show New Mexico in Focus regularly airs Fridays at 7 p.m. and repeats Sundays at 7 a.m. on Channel 5.1, and Saturdays at 5 p.m. and Sundays at 3 p.m. on Channel 9.1, except during Pledge Drives.
- Heather Cowan, UNM Title IX Coordinator
- Caitlyn Henke, director of the UNM Women’s Resource Center
- Lisa Lindquist Director, LoboRESPECT Advocacy Center
- Merritt Allen, Vox Optima LLC
- Andy Lyman, NM Political Report
- Laura Sanchez-Rivét, attorney at Cuddy and McCarthy
- Christine Sierra, retired UNM political science professor
- Gwyneth Doland
- Gene Grant
New Mexico in Focus is New Mexico PBS’ prime-time news magazine show covering the events, issues, and people that are shaping life in New Mexico and the Southwest.
NMiF takes a multi-layered look at social, political, economic, health, education and arts issues and explores them in-depth, with a critical eye to give them context beyond the "news of the moment."
The producer of New Mexico in Focus is Sarah Gustavus, with Associate Producer Kathy Wimmer, and Executive Producer Kevin McDonald.
Funding for New Mexico in Focus is provided in part by the McCune Charitable Foundation.