UNM Hospitals will again be offering free flu shots to the community this year at primary care clinics throughout Albuquerque.
Eight primary care clinics will be held this year in October and November including three drive-thru clinics.
“Vaccinations are one of the most effective ways to protect yourself and your family from seasonal influenza," said UNM Hospital epidemiologist Meghan Brett. "Everyone over the age of 6 months should have a flu shot."
The popular drive-thru clinics are scheduled for Oct. 1 at the UNM North Campus Family Practice Center, Oct. 8 at the UNM Northeast Heights Clinic and October 22 at the Southwest Mesa Clinic.
This year, the Saturday primary care clinics will be held from 9 a.m. – 2 p.m. Shots are available for anyone six months or older.
Clinic days and locations are:
- October 1 - West Side Clinic, 4800 McMahon Blvd NW
- October 1 - Drive Thru at UNM Family Practice Center, 2400 Tucker NE
- October 8 - Drive Thru at Northeast Heights Clinic, 7801 Academy NE
- October 8 - 1209 Primary Care Clinic, 1209 University Blvd. NE
- October 15 - North Valley Clinic, 3401 4th Street NW
- October 22 - Drive Thru at Southwest Mesa Clinic, 301 Unser NW
- October 29 - Lobo Care and Senior Health, 1101-4A Medical Arts Ave. NE
- November 5 Southeast Heights Clinic, 8200 Central Southeast