In partnership with the Human Resources Department, the Provost's Committee for Staff at The University of New Mexico has created a scholarship designed to help support staff that utilize their tuition remission benefit.
UNM employees now have an opportunity to apply for a financial support scholarship to help cover the costs of academic books, course fee(s) and other related course supplies. The scholarships are for UNM employees who are using their Tuition Remission benefit to obtain a degree or professional certificate as well as professional development classes.
Applications are currently open until Friday, Dec. 21 at 5 p.m. Applications are available at PCS-Staff Scholarship.
To be eligible for the scholarships applicants must:
- Be in non-probationary employment status
- Provide descriptions of their academic path and how this scholarship opportunity will benefit them
- Complete application online
- Be at least a .50 FTE UNM employee
- Be enrolled in courses to be used in a degree/certificate granting program or for professional development
- Overall performance evaluation must be Successful (job responsibilities and goals). Applicants are not required to send a copy of your review.
The award is selected by members of the PCS. To increase the number of staff receiving this assistance, this scholarship will not be made to the same student in successive semesters.
The deadline to apply is Dec. 21. For more information, visit Provost's Committee for Staff.